Environmental ESG Participações S.A
We are an environmental solutions company, offering a complete platform for the recovery of industrial and post-consumer waste, recycling, co-processing, reverse manufacturing and other services related to waste management, all focused on the circular economy and on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG). We are generators of genuine carbon credits in our own operations due to the nature of our activities, in a systemic and recurrent way, whether in the recovery of waste, in recycling and post-consumption processes, and also in the maintenance and preservation of native forests.
We are part of the AMBIPAR Group, founded in 1995 by Tercio Borlenghi Junior, current Chairman of the Board of Directors of AMBIPAR and our controlling shareholder.
Our purpose is to value our customers’ waste, through dedication to waste management processes and their transformation to return to the production chain and thus mitigate climate change. We have a research and development center with state-of-the-art technology focused on this purpose, in which we have already achieved positive results in bringing sustainability solutions to several sectors: pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, beverages and food and post-consumer packaging. We have a prominent presence in Brazil and recently started our international expansion with the entry into the markets of Chile, Peru and Paraguay.
We offer customized solutions to the needs of each of our customers, aiming at the implementation of disruptive technologies and processes that allow treating and valuing waste at its origin, returning it, whenever possible, as raw material for the production chains, seeking a production and consumption model that involves sharing, reusing, repairing and recycling existing materials and products, extending their life cycle (“Circular Economy”). By reincorporating waste into production processes, our customers tend to improve their sustainability indices and save financial and natural resources that are important for the planet’s climate change.
Engaged in the fight against global warming, we focus on processes that minimize emissions of greenhouse gases (“GHG”) from the atmosphere, such as carbon dioxide (“CO2”), by industry and commerce, seeking to benefit the world’s population, in addition to create and implement solutions that enable the recovery of waste. Furthermore, we invest in conservation, reforestation and restoration projects, as well as sustainable agricultural management, which generate carbon credits, which also enables us to monetize our business by selling these credits.
- Waste management focused on the mining industry: The drilling processes in the mining industry (exploration of limestone, iron ore, among others) generate a large amount of waste materials (overburden). Our recovery processes aim to reinsert these materials into new markets and into other businesses as raw materials.
- Waste recovery, co-processing, blending and equipment rental: Waste recovery meets market demand on how to treat waste, transforming it into raw material or by-products. Through our RD&I area, we assist our customers with feasibility studies and the development of technologies for the complete reuse of this waste. Our operational technical teams carry out the sizing and preparation of on-site projects for waste recovery units. We have in our portfolio the elaboration and execution of projects for composting platforms for organic, organic-mineral, industrial waste and mineral waste processing plants.
- Waste collection (including industrial), conditioning, decontamination and blending: We have a specialized fleet for the transport of various types of waste, whether solid, liquid, bulk or fractionated, from the generation of waste from industry and commerce, in particular those contaminated with lubricating oils. This waste is transported to waste recovery centers, where we process the materials.
- Reverse logistics: Applying the Circular Economy concept, we offer a reverse logistics service for the dismantling and de-characterization of products for reuse, recycling and scrap sales, with protection of our customers’ brands. Our reverse manufacturing units process waste according to its main characteristics in the disassembly, segregation, recycling and reuse of materials, such as the division between white line (fridges, freezers, washing machines, and others), brown line (televisions, projectors, and others), blue line (small appliances), green line (microcomputers, laptops, mobiles, and others), diapers and sanitary pads, obsolete waste, unserviceable waste or out of specification, and packaging (beverages, cosmetics, and others). Added to this, we have well-structured reverse logistics operations with the markets of manufacturers, importers, distributors and traders of batteries and electronic products.
- Co-processing: We have several plants for blending residues contaminated with oils, solvents and greases that have a high calorific value and are used in cement kilns to replace fossil fuels (COKE coal), generating energy based on such residues.
- Waste Treatment and Disposal: For small volumes of waste whose recovery is not technically feasible, final disposal is carried out in appropriate locations certified by environmental agencies. At the end of the entire process, a certificate of traceability of the waste is made available to the customer, ensuring the transparency of the process stages and quantities generated.
- Post-consumer ecosystem solutions: Under the Circular Economy concept, we provide technical consultancy and transform post-consumer plastic waste into (a) raw material for chemical industries; and (b) recycled products (tarpaulins, benches, utensils). We work in partnership with cooperatives of collectors and cooperative members to transform waste into raw materials or new recycled products.
- Management of greenhouse gases, origination of carbon credits and operations involving Legal Reserve brokerage: We are by the nature of our activities, generators of carbon credits through: (a) waste recovery processes, with the creation of products such as Ecosolo (soil conditioner), which reduce carbon emissions in two steps: (i) processing organic waste and (ii) implementing regenerative agriculture capturing CO2 from the atmosphere; (b) recycling or reuse of waste as raw material for the production chain (Circular Economy/reverse logistics), such as, for example, plastics, glass, metals and other materials; (c) replacement of the energy matrix in co-processing plants; or (d) Nature-Based Solutions, a concept that includes: (i) Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+), an approach that generates carbon credits through actions to combat deforestation and forest degradation combined with climate and biodiversity social activities, which preserves and increases forest carbon inventory, in addition to ensuring the sustainable management of forests; (ii) agricultural management, an approach that generates credits in areas of agricultural and livestock production, improving the quality and storage of carbon in the soil; (iii) reforestation (ARR), an approach that generates carbon credits by planting new trees in areas where there was no forest (afforestation) and regeneration in areas where there was deforestation (reforestation), recovering or creating a new forest, which accumulates carbon in biomass, it improves the environmental quality of farms and ensures greater productivity; and (iv) legal reserve compensation for rural properties that have a Legal Reserve deficit and do not comply with the new Forestry Code, this is a solution that addresses the problem without loss of productive area.
Consulting, Compliance and Logistics
- Traceability, consulting and auditing of Artificial Intelligence software: By providing compliance consulting and auditing services, we promote the security of our clients’ operations and help to prevent them from suffering penalties or fines as a result of the extensive Brazilian socio-environmental legislation applicable to their respective activities. By offering solutions in the integrated management segment with a focus on ESG, as well as software and training aimed at professionalizing of the ESG market, we help our clients to implement a sustainability agenda and validate their sustainable actions.
- Environmental projects: Our engineering team provides technical projects for desilting water bodies, remediation of contaminated areas, construction for the operation of compost yards and other technical projects for environmental solutions.
- Environmental products: Our RD&I team develops innovative products based on processed and valued waste. High quality products have already been developed, with patents registered in Brazil and innovation awards, as mentioned above. The first example of an environmental product is Ecosolo, an organic fertilizer made from waste from the pulp and paper industry. The result is a soil conditioner, already registered with the Ministry of Agriculture (MAPA), having received certification from the Biodynamic Institute (IBD), the largest certifier of organic and sustainable products in Latin America. In 2020, a certification work began to generate carbon credits from Ecosolo, with rural producers. Other examples of environmental products are: (a) collagen soap and shampoo, which emerged from the recovery of waste from encapsulating vitamins and medicines generated by the pharmaceutical industry, until then destined for landfills; (b) Eco-alcohol, which emerged through the recovery and transformation of sugar and grain residues such as corn and soy into ethyl alcohol, used in flavorings and essences; (c) Ecobase, made from mineral waste from the pulp and paper industry that would be sent to landfills, and can be used in the production of cement artifacts for civil construction, serving as a sub-base for rural roads. It has quality certification in resistance and allows the permeability of water to the soil.